Friday, January 11, 2013

Divisional Playoff Picks

What a weekend of football we've got ahead of us. I can't wait, so I won't. Here's my picks for the weeks.

Saturday Games:

Baltimore @ Denver: This one isn't tough at all. It's true that I bleed orang and blue, but come on. The Broncos are a far superior team. They creamed Baltimore in the regular season and will use the same game plan to do it again. Baltimore gets too much respect for how good their defense used to be, but they just aren't that dominant defense anymore. Even when Ray Lewis was healthy and in the lineup, they were giving up a ton of rushing yards to not so great teams. Manning will pick them apart, Broncos, easily.

Green Bay @ San Francisco: This one is tougher. San Francisco creamed Green Bay in week 1, but that was obviously a long time ago. San Francisco's offense is a bit different now that Colin Kaepernick is running it, and it's more dangerous. Green Bay has Aaron Rodgers and the confidence and poise, but they don't have that great of an offensive line. San Francisco has one of the better pass rushes and overall defenses in the league and I think that will be the difference. I'll take the Niners.

Sunday Games:

Seattle @ Atlanta: Atlanta has yet to do anything that has proven they can win in the playoffs, and until they do, I can't pick them. Seattle.

Houston @ New England: Houston will have to be a completely different team than the one they were last time in New England. They can beat the Patriots, but they need defense to really be better. You can beat Brady if you can fluster him, and you do that by hitting him. We'll see, but I'm not too optimistic for Houston. Give me the Pats, as much as I hate it.

Meaning, your conference championship games will be:

New England @ Denver

Seattle @ San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment