Saturday, September 26, 2009

NFL wk. 3! My picks!

Cleveland @ Baltimore: Cleveland has been just atrocious. This year, I think, is going to be a big coming out party for Baltimore. I take the Ravens in this one, running away.

Washington @ Detroit: I tell ya, 2 teams that desperately need a win. My heart tells me to go with Detroit because I just feel bad for them with all the losing, but until they show me that they know how to win as a team, I gotta go with the Redskins.

Jacksonville @ Houston: Wow, Houston's offense sure exploded last week. I see them continuing with that performance at home, and winning over Jacksonville in another shootout.

San Francisco @ Minnesota: Niners are much improved, but I don't think they can withstand the AP attack. Vikings at home.

Atlanta @ New England: This one is a toughy. The Pats have been far from stellar, and the Falcons have been quite impressive. We've seen the formula for beating the Pats though, and I think they keep coming with it. But I'm going to go with the Pats, just barely edging out the Falcons at home.

Kansas City @ Philadelphia: KC is just awful. Cassel helps a little bit, but they are just so far from being competitive. Even Kevin Kolb picks this d apart. Eagles, easily.

Green Bay @ St. Louis: Rams are just awful, still. Pack need to rebound after a messy game against Cinci, and the Rams are the perfect team. Pack takes this one.

NY Giants @ Tampa Bay: Bucs are just playing terribly, and the G-men are just too intense. G-men, in a laugher.

Tennessee @ New York Jets: Jets had a huge win over the Pats last week, but they hyped themselves up so much for that that I think there is just a natural let down after that. I go with the visiting Titans to steal one from the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.

New Orleans @ Buffalo: I will never bet against Drew Brees when he is playing like this. The man is a machine. Saints, with Brees throwing 4 more TDs, at least!

Chicago @ Seattle: Seattle is just awful, again. Bears will build a bit of momentum with Cry Baby Cutler at the helm.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati: Now this is a tale of 2 teams, and I'm not talking about the Steelers and the Bengals. I'm talking about the Bengals and the Bungles. Which team shows up will decide this game. I'm going to pick Cinci in this one, in a hell of a game!

Denver @ Oakland: Oakland's offense has a hard time against a sad KC team, and the Denver defense is just riding high on confidence. The Broncos follow the same formula as the last couple of weeks. Responsible offense, stifling defense, take advantage of opportunities, no matter how fluky. Broncos win this one by a TD.

Miami @ San Diego: San Diego really needs a win, but Miami has ot to be determined and confident despite their loss to the Colts. I take the fins in this one, in another really good game.

Indianapolis @ Arizona: Which Arizona team shows up? Last week showed why you never bet against Peyton Manning, and I will continue to stick with him. Colts win a highly competitive game.

Carolina @ Dallas: Carolina needs to show some pride here, but they won't show enough against Dallas. Boys win, and then all is right in the world of Tony Romo again. Poor guy.

Feel free to comment on the picks, and list your own! Love to tally them all up at the end of the week. Thanks, and see ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of your picks, except for one. For some odd reason, I have a feeling the the Lions might just pull this one out. If they were going to have a shot at win, this would be their window of opportunity. Poor bastards. LOL

    Also, since this matchup with KC & Philly is kinda looking like an easy win, think they will play Vick much, if at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I wanna say that Detroit can win, I just can't bring myself to pick them over anybody. At least not until they prove me wrong.

    As for Philly, I'm sure we'll see him in some wildcat-ish stuff. And maybe even at QB if things get ridiculously out of hand, or if Kolb starts to stink it up. There's just no way KC wins that game.

    ReplyDelete