Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Game Picks

The new season is upon us, and we are going to be treated to a great game for the first game of the season! As has become tradition in the NFL, the defending Super Bowl champions get to play the first home game of the year the Thursday of opening week. I like this tradition, as it does one last special thing for the defending champs as they kick off their title defense. Kudos on whoever came up with that idea.

Now, this will be a special game as it is a rematch of the NFC title game that was a huge thrill last year. The Minnesota Vikings @ the New Orleans Saints. Everybody should be all hyped up for this one.

Brett Favre has said, even when he "hadn't figured out if he was coming back or not", that he would love to beat the Saints on opening day. I'm sure he'll be ready to play, as will most of the team. You know the Saints will be ready to go, and the Who Dat nation will be absolutely wild and crazy! As far as this one is concerned, I see the Saints opening up and defending their home turf. We know how Favre tends to give the ball away in these big situations at times, because he just wants to make a play too badly, and AP's hands probably haven't gotten any better since his disastrous fumble-thon in the NFC title game. I like the Saints.

I'll get moving on the rest of the games probably on Friday, maybe Saturday, and I hope that A-Mac follows my lead so that we can have a friendly little competition as we go through the season. I'll be pretty hard to beat, especially if I do as well as I did last year! Here's to a great season!

No comments:

Post a Comment