Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why, Clinton Portis, Why!?

Early in the week, we heard a story about a female reporter, Ines Sainz, who said that she was made to feel very uncomfortable after receiving a few cat calls in the locker room while waiting to interview quarterback Mark Sanchez. The league has been looking into this, but we have managed to get to hear a very unique take on this event from well-known loud mouth moron Clinton Portis.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to say that I have actually kind of enjoyed some of Clinton Portis's off the wall characters that he does to help amuse his teammates. That sort of thing can help other players on the team relax a little bit, maybe not worry about the focus of the media too much because they know that Portis will be more than happy to let people laugh at him for a bit. That, I enjoy. But Portis has gone well beyond what anybody can call a line of decency with the comments that he made about this Mexican television reporter. Just in case you don't want to click the link, here are the comments he made.

“For the woman, I think they make it so much that you can’t interact and you can’t be involved with athletes, you can’t talk to these guys, you can’t interact with these guys.

“And I mean, you put a woman and you give her a choice of 53 athletes, somebody got to be appealing to her. You know, somebody got to spark her interest, or she’s gonna want somebody. I don’t know what kind of woman won’t, if you get to go and look at 53 men’s packages."

There are really no words to describe this, so allow me to just go into a serious facepalm moment here. ARE YOU SERIOUS, PORTIS? I mean,how stupid can you be?! This guy really just doesn't think before he speaks, at all, does he? I mean, I think there must have been somebody on this guy after the ridiculous comments that he made defending Michael Vick and his dogfighting, but that person must have had the day off!

Ok, let's make this very clear. I am quite certain that most women can think of a much better way to spend the afternoon or evening than being in a locker room filled with gigantic naked men, many of whom have about the same IQ level as Clinton Portis. In addition, contrary to what our genius friend Portis has to say, I'm quite certain that most women don't want to just sit around and stare at "53 men's packages" all day either. Third, after this type of comment, it just makes me really happy, since I have a daughter and all, knowing that many young men look up to this individual, and will probably behave the same sort of way. This is the type of mentality that breeds the concept of "if a woman doesn't want to get harassed, she should dress in a revealing way." Look, I'm not going to deny that this woman is attractive. But to connect the fact that she's attractive and a sports reporter to automatically wanting to hook up with some random football player is really pathetic. Honestly, this just makes it sound like Portis hasn't had any conjugal visits of late, and is a bit frustrated. Did I just type that?

My apologies, but this type of thing just makes me so mad.

2 comments:

  1. I think he makes an excellent point. What woman wouldn't want to look at 53 mens packages? Oh wait, I have an answer for that. Every woman!! Unless you live with Hugh Heffner, no one wants that. Portis is a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah when I heard he said that I immediately just shook my head. Seriously Portis, not cool man.

    ReplyDelete