Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fantasy Football!!

I'm excited to say that I am, once again, involved in a fantasy football league! A-Mac is our league commish, and always does a great job getting people together, and the leagues are always fun. Well, minus that one dude in our fantasy hockey league last year.

So, in the interest of full sports disclosure, I would like to share with you my fantasy team from both leagues that I'm in. I'm in one on Yahoo and one on Facebook. So, without further ado, here we go!

Yahoo team. (2 RB, 2 Rec, 2 w/r league)
QBs: Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning. Two guys that have some serious good. Rodgers was a stud last year, and I think will only be better this year. He'll probably be playing most of my weeks, except for when Eli has a fairly simple opponent. Cuz we all know how well he can play!

RBs: Steven Jackson (StL), Brandon Jacobs(NYG), Tim Hightower(Ariz), Mike Bell (Phi). St. Louis, you ask? Yes, St. Louis. Steven Jackson WAS the Rams offense last year. A horrible team, yet he still rushed for over 1400 yards. He's a great RB, and with a rookie QB, he will be getting his 30 carries a game to help keep Bradford comfortable. Jacobs is also good for goal line situations and can get me some TDs, so I'm good with that. Hightower and Bell are guys who don't get a lot of action, but are good receiving running backs.

WRs: Anquan Boldin (Bal), Pierre Garcon (Ind), Robert Meachem (NO), Eddie Royal (Den).
I managed to steal Boldin, and I think he will be huge this year. Flacco played so well last year, and really helped bring a passing game to the traditionally heavy run and rely on your defense Ravens. He definitely has added a new dimension to that team, and now with a legit big time receiver like Boldin, this could be a dangerous passing offense. Garcon just doesn't draw people's focus, didn't last year, but he has great games. I think that Peyton Manning will end up loving this guy even more this year. Meachem is a beneficiary of Drew Brees who throws to all of his receivers. Eddie Royal was largely forgotten in Denver last year, but I'm optimistic that with Marshall gone, Royal will have a lot more action this year. At least I hope so.

TE: Jason Witten (Dal), Kevin Boss (NYG)
Yeah, I will be playing Witten every week, needless to say.

K: Rob Bironas (Ten), Ryan Succop (KC)
Brought Succop in so I have someone I may be able to drop if I want to make a move. Bironas is my man here.

DEF: NY Jets, Ariz Cardinals.
Pretty much a no brainer here, though the Cards may get the start week one since they are playing the lowly Rams.

FB Team (2 RB, 3 receiver league)
QB - Peyton Manning (IND) & Joe Flacco (Bal)
I seem to always get Peyton Manning in these FB leagues.

RB - Ronnie Brown (MIA), DeAngelo Williams (Car), Jahvid Best (DET)
I'm quite happy with these guys.

WR - Brandon Marshall (MIA), Santana Moss (WAS), Marques Colston (NO), Pierre Garcon (IND).
I feel that I'm pretty loaded in this league with receivers. Marshall will get his 100 receptions, that is pretty much for sure. Moss will totally benefit from having McNabb on his time. Colston is probably the best of a great group of receivers in NO, and Garcon, well, see above.

TE - Dallas Clark (IND)
No need for anybody else.

K - Mason Crosby.
Good kicker on a good team.

Def - Arizona Cardinals and Minnesota Vikings.
Again, one of the top D's and the Cards. Thinking the Cards will have a good week one against a really bad Rams team.

No comments:

Post a Comment