Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hockey Is Back!

Great time of year! Early in October, we see the return of the toughest gladiators in sports. Yes, that's right, hockey is back baby!! I know that I'm one of the minority in the United States that believes hockey is the sport to watch, but I am okay with that. I make my case yearly to people, and I'm fairly certain that I've made it on this blog before. I just believe hockey is the fastest, hardest hitting, most exciting game there is.

Plus, you have the players that are the most athletic that there are in sports. These guys all have to be in incredible shape to play this game. You watch how these guys skate, they are going all out the second that they step on the ice. Also, these guys are the classiest athletes in professional sports. You hear these guys making the Randy Moss comments after their first regular season game for their contracts? You see these guys making their own talk show because they simply can't stand to hear anything other than the sound of their own extremely annoying voice? No, these guys are all business. They go out, do their thing, play their game, and then they are good role models in the community. How many of these guys are dog fighters, or gang bangers, or other types of convicted felons? Hockey players have their head in the right place.

I will close by saying my usual comment. In this world where everything happens so fast; e-mail, food, music, news, everything, it shocks me more people aren't into this game. The thing people need, is education. Let me tell you right now, if you feel you can't understand the game of hockey, drop by my place, or A-Mac's place, and we'll teach you the ins and outs. Once you know it, you will be a fan for life. Bring on the pucks! LET'S GO AVS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment