Saturday, October 9, 2010

KGs week 5 picks!

Welcome back ladies and gents! I was a measly 7-7 last week, but that's ok. Had a lot of surprises happen. Also had a heartbreaking fantasy loss last week. My yahoo team lost by slightly more than 1 point thanks to the monday night football game. Ah well, another week to try and rebound. So here we go!

Denver @ Baltimore: I give my Broncs credit for hanging in there against Tennessee and having the physical and mental toughness to pull it out. I don't think that they can do that 2 weeks in a row though, especially against a team like the Ravens that has a lot of offensive weapons. I see the Ravens taking this one.

Chicago @ Carolina: This could be a tough one. The Bears showed more of who they are last week, being completely manhandled by the G-men. The Panthers still have that 2 headed run monster, but their defense is definitely suspect. Cutler is out, which might actually be a better thing for the Bears, the big questions is how will the respond this week. Until Carolina proves that they know how to win, I can't really bring myself to pick them, though this one wouldn't surprise me if the Panters did upset the Bears, I will still take the Bears.

Tampa Bay @ Cincinnati: Cinci had good offensive numbers last week, but came up shorts against a really bad Browns team. Tampa has performed much better than most people thought that they would, however, they definitely need to improve on their pass defense if they even want to have a hope of winning this game. Charlie Batch SMOKED them, and we know what kind of a pass game Cinci has. I think the Bengals rebound in this one on the power of the pass game.

St. Louis @ Detroit: Detroit just can't seem to find out how to win. St. Louis is a very tough team to figure out. They have been quite consistent, surprisingly, but have played quite well! This could end up being a pretty good game. I think that the thing the Lions really need is a shaky defense to play against, and they have that against the Rams. Their offense has been quite good, and I think they'll get over the hump, kind of, against the Rams. Give me the Lions.

NY Giants @ Houston: Which NY Giants team is going to show up to this game, is the big question. Texans O-line is nowhere near as bad as the Bears, so I don't see another 10 sack game happening. Houston is not the team they were in the past, and are earning respect. I'll take the Texans in this one.

Atlanta @ Cleveland: Cleveland still stinks, despite a good performance against Cinci. Atlanta really should have no trouble with this one, Dirty Birds.

Kansas City @ Indianapolis: Is KC for real? I think so. Indy has struggled, but they will handle a much better Chiefs team in a game that will be much closer than anybody thinks.

Jacksonville @ Buffalo: Buffalo stinks. Jacksonville wins.

Green Bay @ Washington: Green Bay needs to have a strong performance for a full game in this one. Washington also needs to get that offense going more. They pretty much disappeared after the one touchdown they scored against Philly. They'll need more than that against Green Bay, but I don't see them getting it.

New Orleans @ Arizona: 2 inconsistent teams right now. But Arizona is far more inconsistent. Saints aren't nearly what they used to be, and really need to find that swagger. Weird that you have to say that about the defending champs. I will take the Saints again.

Tennessee @ Dallas: Dallas is still in desperation mode. They really need to find more of an offensive rhythm. I have been impressed with Tennessee, though they just need to not beat themselves and keep those fingers in their pockets on the sidelines. This team does have the most personal foul penalties called against them in the league right now. They are a very tough, physical team, we'll see if the Boys can stick around with that. I don't think that they can. Titans.

San Diego @ Oakland: Oakland stinks, San Diego will win this one.

Philadelphia @ San Francisco: Niners are just playing for respect right now, Philly still has a shot in their division, but they need a big game here. Niners are such a big bust right now it isn't even funny, and their bust of a season continues with another loss this week. I'll take the Eagles.

Minnesota @ NY Jets: This will be a great game. Moss is now back in Minnesota. But will that be enough to get this team going? They definitely need that big receiver threat that they lost with their injury to Percy Harvin. I don't know that he'll be enough. Jets D is still among the best that there is, and I think that they will take this one at home. Jets are looking like a very good bet to win the AFC East, and quite possibly win the AFC!

Tough week of picks! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment