Friday, January 14, 2011

KG's Divisional Playoffs Picks

Well, I think everybody had a rough week last week as far as picks went, so I'll hope to do better this time around. So here we go.

AFC:
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh: Once again, how do you pick a winner in this game? Really. The games are always intense, physical, rough, and so insanely evenly played that a 10 point win is considered winning big. Hard to tell, so I'm just going to go with my gut on this one, and the guy tells me Pittsburgh.

NY Jets @ New England Patriots: There is very little that is more interesting than watching the Jets try and get under the Patriot's skin in the week leading up to their games. You just have to admire the bravado that Rex Ryan brings to his team. You would think after getting their asses handed to them against the Pats a few weeks they wouldn't be so quick to talk trash, but that's just who they are. But we also know that they are capable of beating the Pats. The Pats, however, have about the largest home field advantage of any team in the NFL. They aren't making earthquakes or anything, but the snow in Foxboro is even something that New York teams aren't used to. It really is at least a 2 TD advantage. For that reason, I'll take the Pats.

KG's AFC Championship game: Pittsburgh @ New England

NFC:
Green Bay @ Atlanta: These 2 teams played an amazing game in the regular season that came down to a last second field goal that gave the Falcons the win. I picked against them last time, but I won't do it this time. I'll take the Falcons, even though Green Bay was my NFC Super Bowl team before the season began. Green Bay is very capable of winning this game, and could hurt me again this week, but I just see Matty Ice and the Falcons taking this one down.

Seattle @ Chicago: Another regular season rematch, the Seahawks have a good plan to beat the Bears. It worked during the regular season, and you know that Pete Carroll won't back off when it's all on the line. He is going to bring the heat at Jay Cutler from every single direction you can think of. That has always been Cutler's downside. He panics under pressure and makes horrible throws and turns the ball over all over the place. Look for the Hawks to bring the heat, and look for the bears to try and run the ball for most of the game to try and counter this. If Cutler has to throw the ball more than 30 times, the Bears will not win this game. I'm going to take the surprise Seahawks in this one.

KG's NFC Championship Game
Seattle @ Atlanta.

Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment