Monday, January 3, 2011

NFL Playoffs Set

Well, the regular season has come to an end, yet again. I finished off the season with a rather mediocre 9-7, but had a grand total of 161-95. I had a 63% success rate in my picks, which is roughly the same as last year, which was just at 61%. So a bit of improvement! Yay!

I also managed to pick the playoffs pretty well last year, so here's hoping I continue. At any rate, here is my initial playoff picture picks.

AFC:
#1 New England & #2 Pittsburgh both have byes in the first round. But we still have some great games on tap.

#6 Jets at #3 Colts.
This has the makings for a great game, depending one which of the teams in the game decides to show up. Colts are always exciting to watch, but have had some inconsistency due to the massive amounts of injuries this season. The Jets have been scary in their own inconsistency this year, and you just can't be inconsistent against Peyton Manning. I think the Colts get the better of things in this one.

#5 Ravens at #4 Chiefs.
First, hats off to Todd Haley and the coaching staff of the Kansas City Chiefs. They took the Chiefs from being one of those circle games, games you circle on your schedule at the beginning of the year because you're fairly positive that you could play horribly and still win by 2 touchdowns, to being a tough team to play against. That being said, I don't know that they'll be able to stick around with the all around skill and toughness of the Ravens. This will be a very close, low scoring game, but I think the Ravens squeak this one out.

NFC
#1 Falcons and #2 Bears both have byes.

#6 Packers @ #3 Eagles.
This should be one of the best games in the whole playoffs. The Packers managed to recover from a down slide, and a couple Aaron Rodgers concussions to play their way into the playoffs. The Eagles have definitely been the most exciting team to watch, thanks largely in part to Michael Vick, with a bit of help from DeShawn Jackson. The Packers aren't flashy, but they can get the job done. I tell ya, I really don't know which way to go with this one. I think I'm going to go with the Eagles because you just never know what Michael Vick can do. He's pretty much permanently in my dog house, pun intended, but you can't deny that the guy has had an awesome year.

#5 Saints @ #4 Seahawks
You have to admire Pete Carroll and his reaction to all the people saying that a 7-9 team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. "Get over it." Gotta love it. And I agree, just get over it folks. They won their division, they're in the playoffs. I don't care their record, and you can not like it as much as you want, but division winners, however poor their record is, deserve to have a playoff game. Rest assured though, they'll get creamed by the Saints in this one. Saints should win a laugher, but you never know. That's why they play the game, as Chris Berman loves to say.

So, the divisional rounds should look like this.
AFC
#5 Ravens @ #1 Patriots
#3 Colts @ #2 Steelers

NFC
#5 Saints @ #1 Falcons
#3 Eagles @ #2 Bears

Should be a good week! Let's see what we get!

No comments:

Post a Comment