Thursday, December 24, 2009

Picks for wk 16

San Diego @ Tennessee: This could be a pretty good game, but since San Diego already has the division, I think they may be resting a few people. Tennessee is much improved, and have played really well down the stretch. I'm not totally sure how this one will play out. I'm going to assume they won't rest a lot of folks, so I will take San Diego in a close game.

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans: The Saints finally got caught not playing as hard as they should, and they lost. They still need a win to lock up the conference, so hopefully they will come to play for the whole game in this one. I'll go with the Saints, simply because Tampa is just so sad.

Buffalo @ Atlanta: A game of get ready for next year. Falcons have been on the down slide, whereas Buffalo has been playing a lot better in the last few weeks. I think that Buffalo will continue to move in the right direction as they prepare for next year and win this game.

Houston @ Miami: Should be a good game, but I think Miami will probably take this one. Gary Kubiak may have seen his last days as head coach of Houston as they have underachieved a lot. But who knows. Miami.

Seattle @ Green Bay: Green Bay will destroy the hawks in this one.

Carolina @ NY Giants: I keep thinking that the Giants are much better than they have been this year, and I just still can't figure why they aren't anywhere near as good. Carolina has played better of late, beating the Vikes. I still have a hard time picking the Panthers in this one, but I'm really not convinced that the Giants are really capable of coming out and dominating the way that they have in the past. I think I'll take that Panthers in this one.

Oakland @ Cleveland: Cleveland has had a couple epic games against some bad teams. The Lions and then the Chiefs. Two really entertaining and high scoring games. The Raiders have shown some moxy of late, and I think that they'll be able to beat this Browns team. Raiders.

Jacksonville @ New England: I bet that there is some serious weather during this one. Nobody plays in the snow as well as the Pats do. I think that they'll beat up the Jags on this one.

Kansas City @ Cincinnati: Cinci has let some teams surprise them this year, but they really can't do that in this one. They should be able to close out the AFC North in this one, I'll take the Bengals.

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh hasn't been the same all year, no matter where they've played. That won't change very much this time around either. Baltimore wins and moves up in the playoff hunt.

St. Louis @ Arizona: Rams stink, Cards win.

Detroit @ San Francisco: The niners have been darn respectable this year, and I expect to see a lot more from them in the coming years. Mike Singletary has done a great job with this team. I'll take San Fran.

Denver @ Philadelphia: Why can the Broncos never manage to win when it matters? It bugs me like nothing else. Another game that they absolutely have to win, after they managed to choke away a game that they absolutely should have won against the Raiders. The Eagles are playing really well this year, and I just don't see the Broncos holding on to this, or their playoff spot, now that they absolutely have to win. The process repeats itself, and the Broncos will blow another fairly sure playoff spot. Eagles.

NY Jets @ Indianapolis: Colts win, even missing a few starters.

Dallas @ Washington: Cowboys need a win to keep pace, but you never know how Washington will play. This may be upset central, and I will finally give the skins some love. This will be a close game, but the Cowboys will blow it in December, again. Skins.

Minnesota @ Chicago: I will predict about 3 more interceptions from The Diapered Wonder, Jay Cutler, and a big win for the Vikes. Even with Favre throwing a couple of his own. Vikes just have a more complete team.

No comments:

Post a Comment