Thursday, December 3, 2009

Week 13 picks

While I'm home from teaching today, I've decided to make some positive use of my time and make my picks for this weekend! I haven't kept up with my grand total as of late, but I know my last couple of weeks have been pretty good! So I'm hoping to keep my positive streak going!

NY Jets @ Buffalo: These 2 teams have been enigmas to themselves all year long. Buffalo, however, seems to be finding a bit of a stride. Not a huge one, but I think that they are able to take care of the Jets here, even though the Jets really should win. I'll take the Bills.

St. Louis @ Chicago: Cutler finally has a team that probably won't pressure him all that much. So he may only throw 1 INT. But I made sure to add Johnny Knox to my fantasy team this week specifically because they are playing the Rams who have no secondary what-so-ever! Da BEARS!

Tampa Bay @ Carolina: Carolina is the team that is less bad, so they will beat the oh so very sorry Bucs.

Houston @ Jacksonville: Jacksonville is really 2 different teams, and they can't decide which they are. They played a hard fought game against the Bills a couple weeks back, bent but didn't break, and then get completely undone by the 49ers. It's always hard to tell which will show up. They tend to play better at home, but Houston is showing a lot of people a big time competitive nature this year. All the same, I think Jacksonville will take it at home.

Denver @ Kansas City: Well, the Broncos sure played like they wanted to go to the playoffs against the G-men, and they're going to have to play that way against the Chiefs. I don't really get why, even when the Chiefs are really bad, the Broncos always have trouble doing anything in KC. Makes no sense. As long as they keep the same mentality and put in the same effort they did against the Giants, then they will probably have a win in this game, but I know the Broncos, and they always tend to play down to their opponents. I'll go ahead and pick them this week, because they should handle the Chiefs, but I won't be surprised if they blow it.

Tennessee @ Indianapolis: Vince Young is doing a lot, but can he match Peyton Manning? I don't think so. Great run for the Titans, but I'll take the Colts in this one.

Philadelphia @ Atlanta: Atlanta has sunk into mediocrity for the season, and Philly is fighting to get into the playoffs, and possibly win the division. I'll take Philly, even if Jackson can't play.

New Orleans @ Washington: Until somebody comes in and proves that they can beat the Saints, I'll just keep picking them. Saints in a ROUTE. Hope Brees gives my fantasy team another display like he did against the Pats.

Oakland @ Pittsburgh: Well, the Steelers should be able to win this one easy, especially at home. They did blow it to the Chiefs, though. At any rate, the Raiders are pathetic. Steelers.

Detroit @ Cincinnati: Cinci really blew it when they let Oakland beat them. They cannot let that happen again. Cincinnati should take this one easily.

New England @ Miami: Is there a better sight in the world than watching Tom Brady walk off the field with his head hung low, and then not bother to stick around for the post game interviews so he can sulk in his locker? **sigh** Not so much. At any rate, this should be a pretty good game between these two, but I think that the Pats will be too much.

San Diego @ Cleveland: San Diego, easily.

Dallas @ NY Giants: Giants are wavering and about to crash. This may be the one that completely ends their season. I think they fight hard, but I think Dallas is going to beat them in this one.

San Francisco @ Seattle: If San Francisco wants to be a team to beat in the coming years, that means that need to learn how to win the games that they really should win. Here's the start, niners will take out Seattle.

Minnesota @ Arizona: Minnesota is just rolling, and Arizona may not have their gun slinger as QB. Even if Warner is in the line-up here, that Viking defense is still going to be too much. I'll take the Vikes.

Baltimore @ Green Bay: This could be a really good game. Both these teams really need the win to keep their wild card hopes alive. I think that consistency is going to be the key here for both teams, but I think that Baltimore is more complete, as a team, and may take this one. This is one of those ones where it's hard to pick because I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I guess I'm going to take Baltimore on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment