Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wk 14 picks

The end of the regular season is coming up, and the playoff race is heating up for some. Others have already won their division, and others are playing for draft picks. Here we go for week 14.

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland: Pittsburgh is just not what they used to be, but they are still better than the lowly Browns.

New Orleans @ Atlanta: Already division champs, I think that the Saints may possibly fall victim to a let down here. If they're smart, they'll play it out until they have clinched the conference. They're good enough to pull it out whenever they need to, can't bet against them. I'll take the Saints.

Denver @ Indianapolis: Indy has the same possibility as the Saints. Already won their division, and pretty much the only people who have a shot at winning the conference. It is possible that they could rest some folks, but you never really know. Still, Denver seems to be back on course, and Manning has had trouble with 3-4 defenses in the past. This could be a really good game, but, once again, as much of a homer as I am, I just can't bet against the Colts.

Seattle @ Houston: Houston needs this one if they want to have any shot at all at a Wild Card. I'll take Houston in this one.

Carolina @ New England: Carolina has played better, but not well enough to beat the Pats. Though I do love to see Tom Brady sulking on the sideline and walking off the field with his tail between his legs and not bothering to say good game to anybody. What a little whiner. I really do wish people would make a bigger deal about what a sore loser he is.

Buffalo @ Kansas City: Kansas City had been playing better until that utter beat down that the Broncos gave them. They need a short memory, and a better defense. Too bad they don't really have that great of a defense. I'm going to take Buffalo in this one.

Detroit @ Baltimore: Baltimore, Detroit stinks.

Cincinnati @ Minnesota: Now this is a good game. Minnesota is hurting defensively, though, which could cause some serious problems. Even though it is in Minnesota, we've seen that Cinci doesn't have a problem going into hostile environments (Pittsburgh and Baltimore anybody?) and winning. They absolutely have to pressure Palmer, or they have no chance. I'm going to take Cinci.

NY Jets @ Tampa Bay: Jets don't want to be giving anything up to the Bucs. Though Sanchez has been very inconsistent. I don't foresee them dropping this one though. I'll take the Jets.

Miami @ Jacksonville: So tough, Jacksonville just never does what I think they will. At home again, though the Fins are coming off a big win. I think if they could stop the Pats, they can stop the Jags. I'll take Miami on the road. Which now, of course, means that Jacksonville will actually win because I've picked against them. :-)

Green Bay @ Chicago: Green Bay. Chicago is just a demoralized team with a very not good Quarterback. Jay Cutler is showing his true colors in Chicago. Packers.

St. Louis @ Tennessee: Tennessee in a run away.

Washington @ Oakland: 2 teams playing much better than their records indicate. This could actually be a pretty darn good game. Oakland has been the team with more follow through, so I'll take the Raiders at home in this one.

San Diego @ Dallas: Another really good game here. Chargers are just playing really well, and Dallas desperately needs a win to try and stay ahead of the Eagles. The better defense will prevail in this one, and it is hard to tell which one will. I'll hitch my wagon to the Cowboys for this one. One of the rare times I'll hope for a Cowboy victory, so that my Broncos still have a shot at the AFC West.

Philadelphia @ NY Giants: Philly beat them down last time, and I think we may see a similar result here. Maybe not quite as extreme, as I hope the G-men have made some corrections. But the Giants just aren't fearsome anymore. Eagles.

Arizona @ San Francisco: Arizona made the Vikings look confused. Seriously confused. Don't look past the Cards, anybody! They are still playing very well, and should be able to beat the 49ers without much ado.

Tell me what your picks are and we'll see how we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment