Thursday, December 17, 2009

wk 15 picks!

Time for the next installment. I have to say, I hate having to have these in by Thursday night because of the stupid Thursday night game. Doesn't allow me to always get the full picture of things. At any rate, I had a good week last week, here's hoping there is more of the same to come!

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville: That is the game tonight. If I am hearing correctly, then I like the way Caldwell is approaching things. Has home field throughout clinched, so no worries there. But rather than just plain sit everybody and let them get rusty, he is just sitting the people who are hurt and need the rest. Otherwise, let them play and stay sharp. Because of that, I like the Colts, as we will still see Manning in the game.

Dallas @ New Orleans: Saints have said that they are gunning for the perfect record. Dallas could surprise people with this one, because the Saints have had trouble with the teams that they should easily roll over. However, I think that the Saints will be awake for this one, as they have utterly destroyed teams that have solid records. Plus we're in the dome, I can't pick against the Saints until they give me a reason to. Saints.

Cleveland @ Kansas City: Cleveland has some confidence now, and KC is WAY worse than Pittsburgh. Though that does give the possibility for a let down game, I'm still going to go with the Browns on this one, and try and get both of these team's running backs for my fantasy league, since neither defense can stop the run.

Atlanta @ NY Jets: Jets need this in order to get to the playoffs, and Atlanta is falling off pretty badly. It's really hard to pick a winner here, because they are really both in about the same place. I think that, simply since they are at home, I will take the Jets.

Miami @ Tennessee: Miami is on fire, and they need to keep winning to hope to get into the playoffs. I think they will continue their good run with the Titans. Vince Young has been exactly what was needed for this team, but I think the Fins will stay in control of this game from beginning to end. Ricky Williams is playing out of his mind right now!

San Francisco @ Philadelphia: Philly will eat up the niners, and extend their lead in the NFC East.

New England @ Buffalo: I'm loving the trend I got going with the Pats here. Let's hope that it continues. I think Buffalo will be competitive, but I don't think that they are going to beat the Pats here. Will we see more of a Randy Moss melt down? He cries almost as much as Jay Cutler! At any rate, the Pats should win this one, I'll go with them.

Arizona @ Detroit: Detroit stinks, I'll take the Cards.

Chicago @ Baltimore: I'm rotting for Jay Cutler.....(wait for it).....to break the single season interception record!! And look who he's got! The Ravens will be all over his butt, and I see at least 2-3 more picks coming their way, and a big Baltimore win.

Houston @ St. Louis: Houston, easy.

Oakland @ Denver: Denver played very well against Indy, and really could have won that game. I hope that the play calling gets better in this one, not that it should matter too much. I think that Dumervil may get a few more sacks, and the Broncos come closer to getting back into the playoffs as they beat down the Raiders.

Cincinnati @ San Diego: Sad day in Cinci. Just when it was looking like he finally was getting his life turned around, Chris Henry passed away. Thought and prayers to him and his. I think the Bengals will be playing this one for him, and they will take down the Chargers, even though they are playing really well right now.

Green Bay @ Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh is in shambles. Green Bay is pushing for the playoffs. I can't see what happened to Pitt? Why are they so bad this year? It's just tough. If they want to have any hopes of the playoffs they have to win this, but I don't see it happening. Packers.

Tampa Bay @ Seattle: Couple bad teams, again. I'll go against the worse won and take the Seahawks.

Minnesota @ Carolina: Minnesota will totally out class the Panthers in this one. Vikes!

NY Giants @ Washington: Skins have been playing much better of late, but I'm still not going to give them love. Eli will rip them up, and give the G-men a much needed win.

Let me know what your picks are, and tell me what you think of mine!

Stay tuned for this weekend's college bowl game picks. I've come up with a very scientific method for picking these, and I'll let you know what that is when I post! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. i think that titans/dolphins game will be closer than you make it sound. the titans run defense is playing really well lately and if you want to see someone playing out of their mind, watch chris johnson. i like the titans by a field goal in that one.

    Eric Prince

    ps: saw your facebook link and thought i'd read. good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man! If you have any suggestions for things that you would like to see written about, I am definitely open to ideas. Thanks agian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely post any ideas if they come to me.

    A couple things I'd love to read about are the near futures of the Tennessee Titans and the Washington Redskins. The Titans simply because I am a huge fan, and as such am quite biased towards them, and would love to read someone with hopefully less bias look over them. The Redskins simply because I live in Dallas and pay attention to the teams my family hates. With all the changes in Washington right now, I'm interested to see what others think about guys like Portis, Jason Campbell, etc.

    Again, really good stuff. Keep up the good writing.

    ReplyDelete