Friday, January 15, 2010

Divisional Playoffs!

After a crazy wild card weekend, what are we going to see in the divisional round? Hopefully we will still see some awesome football!! How will the Colts and Saints do after both ending the regular season on losing streaks? Has the bye week helped? We shall see! Here are my picks for the weekend!

AFC:
#6 Baltimore @ #1 Indianapolis: I tell you what, I don't care how good the Ravens are, and they are quite good, Peyton Manning has done nothing but prove that if you bet against him, he'll burn you! So, I'm not going to bet against him. The Colts came from behind in 7 games during the regular season, against good teams. I don't see any reason that they will stumble. Colts.

#5 NY Jets @ #2 San Diego: This could be a deceptively good game, but probably not that good. Is this the year that the Chargers and Norv Turner finally get over the hump and prove that they can actually win the big games? Well, I don't really see the Jets stopping them at this particular juncture in the road. But you never know, I picked against the Jets last week and get torched, I think that it is quite possible that it can happen again if they manage to keep the Chargers receivers at bay. People always say you have to start with LT, and that used to be true, but LT is old and not anywhere near what he used to be. Now, you have to stop Rivers and the passing game. Don't get me wrong, I despise Phillip Rivers. He is a mouthy little punk who has always gotten expectations up, but then choked when it counts, but I think that he and the Chargers are too much this time around.

NFC:
#4 Arizona @ #1 New Orleans: Now here is a very interesting game. Arizona is deceptive in how good they are. Their defense is far better than most people give them credit for. They managed to confuse a lot of good offenses this year. We all know how explosive the Saints are, but we have also seen that they don't always play a full game. This is a case where, if they only play one half of the game, they won't win. This is a really tough one. I'm going to pick the Saints because, in every single game where they faced difficult and high quality opponents, they came out firing on all cylinders and never let up. This is definitely one of those situations, and I think that the whole team recognizes that. I'll take the Saints, but if they don't play the whole game, don't be shocked if Arizona pulls an upset.

#3 Dallas vs. #2 Minnesota: Another really good game. This is a tough one to pick because there are so many factors. Can Romo stay consistent in the playoffs for the first time in his career? Which Brett Favre is going to show up? Which defense will be the first to make a huge play? All of those things are going to affect the game. This is another one of those ones where it won't surprise me if either team wins. I'm going to take Minnesota because I believe that they are more complete on both sides of the ball, but if Dallas's defense is able to make a couple of big plays and either score, or give the offense a really short field, don't be shocked for Dallas to pull an upset here.

Tough choices, and yes, I am picking all of the home teams. Nonetheless, we are all in for another great weekend of football! Next week, the conference championships!! Let me know your picks!

No comments:

Post a Comment