Saturday, January 2, 2010

wk 17 picks

The final week of the regular season, where we will finally see what the playoff picture will be. A lot of things have happened in the last few weeks to throw things into a giant blur, especially in the AFC. Anywho, here we go.


Indianapolis @ Buffalo: Indi will get a lead, then dump their starters, as they did last week. They'll rest 'em and hope that that will move get them started right in the playoffs. I'll take Buffalo.

New Orleans @ Carolina: Saints should really follow the same book, though the way that they have played in the last couple of games should make me, as a coach, want to play my starters to keep them sharper, since they have been far from that. At any rate, I imagine we will probably see a lot of back ups not too far into this game either. Panthers.

Jacksonville @ Cleveland: Jacksonville seriously needs this win, and they are playing the lowly Browns. Browns could play a spoiler here, but I don't think that they will. Jags.

Chicago @ Detroit: Cry baby Cutler will end the year against one of the worst teams in the league, and people will think there may be a future for him. **Sigh** How sad for them. Bears.

New England @ Houston: I think that the starters will probably play most of this one for the Pats. So Houston will need to come up big, though they probably won't. I don't know what is going to happen with Kubiak here at the end of this season. Pats.

Pittsburgh @ Miami: Must win for both teams, but Pittsburgh has just been so darn inconsistent. I'll take the fins in this one to completely knock out the champs.

NY Giants @ Minnesota: Who are these giants? Not the guys we knew! Though they may zing the failing Vikes here at the end of the season. In fact, I think they will. Giants.

San Francisco @ St. Louis: Ugh, St. Louis stinks. 49ers.

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay: Tampa stinks, and they want to ensure a high draft pick. I think they may tank this one. Falcons.

Philadelphia @ Dallas: Big important one here. This will decide the #2 seed in the NFC playoffs. I think that Philly has been better as a whole lately, than the Cowboys. And the Boys just have a tendency to let everything go in December. I don't think that will be any different this year. Eagles.

Green Bay @ Arizona: Packers should take this one, though both teams may be resting up their starters for the playoffs.

Kansas City @ Denver: Denver is missing Marshall, their biggest offensive weapon. KC stinks, but Denver has shown that they cannot win games that they absolutely must win, even against inferior opponents and even at home. They have done it this way the last few years. They should win this game, but I am actually going to pick the Chiefs to slam the door on the Broncos season, again.

Baltimore @ Oakland: I hate having to root for the Raiders. But I need them to beat the Ravens in order for my Broncos to make the playoffs. That being said, it won't happen. Ravens win, and take what should have been the Broncos place.

Washington @ San Diego: Chargers are clinched, and will probably rest a few starters. Even with that happening, I don't think the Skins will be able to pull this one out. Chargers.

Tennessee @ Seattle: Last ditch for the Titans. Absolutely must have. And Seattle just isn't very good on defense. They'll lose this one at home in the finale. Titans.

Cincinnati @ NY Jets: Jets must have, Bengals don't really care. I wager that we will probably, again, see some starters rested after not too long in the game. Jets must win, so you know they'll be playing all out. I think the Jets will win this one and take a spot in the playoffs.

Hope everybody has enjoyed the regular season! It has been a lot of fun doing all these picks. Once we know the final playoff picture, I'll put my own little prediction in for the playoffs, and go from there! Happy New Year, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment