Thursday, October 8, 2009

NFL Week 5 picks!

I've been feeling good the last couple of weeks with an impressive 23-7 record! Take it to the bank! Here's what we'll do for week 5, be warned I am listening to a hockey game at the moment, so we'll see how that affects things. :-)

Cincinnati @ Baltimore: Cinci has been much improved, but you know that the Ravens are looking to punish somebody after a very close game with the Pats. I don't wanna be Carson Palmer in this game, Baltimore takes this one.

Cleveland @ Buffalo: I tell ya, I just can't say anything good about Cleveland right now. Buffalo takes it easy.

Washington @ Carolina: Carolina has had a week to regroup and hopefully get their act together. Skins are severely underachieving. The game should be pretty close, but I'll take Carolina to get a win here.

Pittsburgh @ Detroit: hehe, umm, Steelers, easy.

Dallas @ Kansas City: Dallas's defense played very well against Denver, and just got beat on one hell of a play. They need to bounce back, and, lucky them, they have the Chefs, yes the Chefs, this week. Long day for Cassel, Cowboys win.

Oakland @ NY Giants: This is a good week for Eli to take off. Doesn't matter who the QB is here, G-men take this very easily.

Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia: Tampa still stinks, Eagles getting Westbrook back. This should be an easy one for the birds!

Minnesota @ St. Louis: I think that St. Louis is this year's threat to go winless. They are just awful. Vikes take this easily.

Atlanta @ San Francisco: Here's a good game. Niners are very confident, and Atlanta is well rested. Should be one hell of a game, but I take Atlanta in this one.

Houston @ Arizona: Could be another good one, a couple of really high powered offenses. This could be quite a shootout. If it gets to be a shootout, it's hard to root against the Cards. I'll take Arizona in a close one.

New England @ Denver: This is the toughest one for me to pick. Do I listen to the homer in me? Or do I try to stay realistic? It's a tough one. Either team can win. Denver D is for real, held the #1 rushing offense to 75 rush yards last week. Offense can't take as many penalties as they did against Dallas last week, and Orton just needs to keep consistent. Broncos can run against the Pats. I'm talking myself into this one, I'm going to take the Broncos at home in a very, very close game.

Jacksonville @ Seattle: Hawks get Hasselbeck back, but I'm not really thinking that that will do too much for them. They are too inconsistent. I like the Jags in this one.

Indianapolis @ Tennessee: I keep picking Tennessee to get their first win, and they keep letting me down. So, naturally, the opposite will happen to me this week. With as bad as they've been playing, I can't possibly pick them over the red hot Colts. Manning and the Colts roll and stay unbeaten.

NY Jets @ Miami: Should be a very good game. Divisional rivalry game. Jets D plays really well against the Saints, if the Saints D hadn't scored 2 TDs then the Jets win that one. They did very well against Brees, I think they still do well against the fins. We will start to see what Sanchez is made of in this one. I take the Jets.

Take them to the bank! Let me hear your thoughts on my picks, and tell me yours!

1 comment:

  1. Think I'm gonna have to go against a few of your picks, Kev. No good reasons other than a 'hunch' (I was right about detroit vs washington!).

    Hunch #1: Washington vs. Carolina - I'm picking Washington to win, barely.

    Hunch #2: Pitts vs Detroit - Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be crazy to see the Lions pull one out over the Steelers? My pick: Lions for the W!

    Hunch #3: Dallas vs KC - I hate the Cowboys, that simple. KC by at least a FG.

    Aside from those, I agree with all the other picks. I especially second our Broncos! I have a good feeling about them vs. the Pats. Brady's is overrated. He hasn't really done much since his return, and Denver's defense will be all over him. I'm hoping we win be at least a solid 7!

    ReplyDelete