Sunday, October 11, 2009

That's it, I'm a believer!!!

Ok, I have to admit that when I picked my Broncos to beat the Patriots this weekend, I wasn't entirely expecting it to happen. I argued with my emotional and realistic selves and ended up going with the emotional one, but look at the result!

Firstly, let me just say that that was a hell of a game! It had everything! Momentum changes, turnovers, great offense, great defense, a coaching match up for the ages, and some ridiculous looking throw-back jerseys! And in the end, the Broncos were able to pull out an amazing win that, although there are still sure to be some folks who will try to downplay the significance of this win for the Broncos, absolutely should send a message to the rest of the football world. That message is this: The Denver Broncos are for real!

I admit that I was a naysayer at the start of the year. I figured that the Broncos would be fortunate to win 6 games this year. I wasn't aware that those 6 were pretty much going to be taken care of after the first 5 weeks of the year! I mean, all that drama, and look what has come of it! A defense that has allowed the fewest points in the league through 5 weeks, a quarterback that isn't flashy but gets it done, a team that believes in its coach and a coach that believes in his team. What more can you ask for?

At this point, I admit freely and clearly, I was completely and totally wrong about Josh McDaniels. He knows his stuff, and the people that have been brought in, Mike Nolan and every single free agent, were absolutely right moves. The mentality that has been created around this team is exactly the thing that a winning team needs. From this point on, I will never doubt Josh McDaniels again. He has proven to me, to Bronco land, and the rest of the NFL what he has believed from day one. The Broncos are winners, and we WILL see them in the playoffs this year!

1 comment:

  1. Sir, your words are tried and true. I believe in Josh McD just as you do! We share the same point of view.. on to the playoffs with the Orange & Blue!!!

    ReplyDelete