Friday, October 23, 2009

Wk 7 picks

Welcome to week 7 of the NFL regular season! Having a good regular season so far! I'm 43-15! Had a couple of heart breakers last week! Ravens miss a field goal, and the Eagles lay an egg in Oakland. Very happy about my Broncos, really impressed with the Saints. 4 unbeaten teams left, who will fall this weekend? Let's find out!

Green Bay @ Cleveland: Green Bay's D played very well against a not so great Lions team. They have an even worse Cleveland team this week, so I wager they'll still do pretty well. Packers.

San Fran @ Houston: The niners got DESTROYED by Atlanta and their pretty good passing game. What will they do against the likes of Andre Johnson and Houston? I think the niners could be in for another long one. Texans!

San Diego @ KC: KC played a good game against a really bad skins team. The Chargers are in absolute desperation mode. Lose this one and go down a full 4 games on the idle Broncos. They cannot let that happen. Desperation helps the Chargers take this one.

Minnesota @ Pittsburgh: Really good game here. Polamalu is back, and that will make a huge difference! The Vikes are very resilient, though, so don't count them out. I give the edge to Pittsburgh here, because they're playing at home. I think they take a highly competitive game. I also think that Favre will make a couple mistakes in this one, and Polamalu will make him pay.

Indianapolis @ St. Louis: Manning will have 4 TD in a route of the pathetic Rams.

New England @ Tampa Bay (in LONDON): Now that everybody believes the Patriots are gods again, even though all they did was trounce a horrible Titans team in a blizzard, they will be able to continue to pat themselves on the back after this one. Bucs stink, and the Pats score a lot, again.

Buffalo @ Carolina: Buffalo got a good win against a now struggling Jets team. Of course, I doubt they'll get 5 INTs in this game to just barely squeak by. You get 5 picks in one game, you should destory the other team, which tells us a lot about the Bills' offense. They stink. Carolina has won a couple in a row, and I think they will continue to build up some momentum by taking down a really unimpressive Buffalo team. Panters.

Jets @ Oakland: Speaking of those struggling Jets, they go to Oakland against a really inconsistent and not very good Raiders team. They are also short one of their best DTs, so this could end up poorly for the Jets. The thing that helps them, they have a pretty darn good running game, and the Raiders are quite unable to stop that. A very simple game plan of lots of runs and easy passes to keep Sanchez comfortable will help lead the Jets to a win here.

Chicago @ Cincinnati: Cinci keeps being my bugaboo team. When I pick them to win, they lose. When I pick them to lose, they win! What's up with that?! Well, at any rate, Cinci also has some serious injury issues on D, which is going to make this quite difficult for them to win. If you can't pressure captain huggies back there, you won't force him to make stupid passes, which he will under duress. Could be a close one, but I like the Bears here.

Atlanta @ Dallas: This will be a very good game. Dallas coming back after a bye week against a rolling Atlanta team. Dallas has the better defense, overall, but Atlanta has the more consistent Quarterback. So what to do, what to do? I think Dallas' ability to run the ball will help them out in this one. One of those, I won't be surprised either way games. But I'm going to go with Dallas, at home, in this one.

New Orleans @ Miami: I don't think that anybody can beat the Saints right now. Not with the way they can score at will, and the way their D is dominating. They are probably the best team in the NFL right now. That won't stop in Miami.

Arizona @ NY Giants: Well, that Giants secondary is quite vulnerable, as we saw against the Saints, and the Cardinals are a team that has another very talented receiving core. That could make things difficult for the Giants; however, their O-line isn't as awesome as the Saints one was, so I do think that the G-men front 4 will be able to put some pressure on Warner. Plus, the Saints D is way better than Arizona's. I like the G-men.

Philadelphia @ Washington: After laying a giant egg in Oakland, the Eagles play a struggling team's best friend, the Washington Redskins. The Skins have been the only victory for KC, Detroit, and gave Carolina their first win of the season as well. They have beat such impressive teams as the Rams (9-7), and the Bucs (16-13). Clearly a force to be run over. Philly needs to come out blazing to make sure they don't embarrass themselves any more than they did against the Raiders. I like Philly to dominate this game.

Share with me your picks! And I do think that they Vikes will fall from the ranks of the unbeaten. Which will leave, but 3!

2 comments:

  1. I only have takes on a few of your picks this week:

    San Diego @ KC: I'm rooting for KC to take this one, cause I hate San Diego, and they deserve to go down...again!

    Atlanta @ Dallas: I'm thinking, nay, hoping, that Atlanta serves Romo and his boys up another loss at home.

    Philadelphia @ Washington: I think the 'Skins will pull off an upset and will manage to squeek out the W in this match up.

    New England @ Tampa Bay (in LONDON): I know it may be unlikely, but I am not aboard the 'Brady Train'.. he can go to hell.. go to hell and die! I'm pulling for the underdog for an embarrassing loss for the Pats, across the pond!

    As a side note, I'm really hoping the Steelers straight hand it to the Vikings.. it's kinda hard to believe they are 6-0 with all the mistakes they've made, last weeks win was a fluke due to that missed FG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the winners (from the top) (my pics)
    Green BAy

    San Fran.... I think they have what it takes to get over a CRAP game they have gore back there is sleeper potential in Crabtree (or BLOW UP BIG potential) SF D is sick this time around there bad is a crappy O line. I gota take the 9ers on this one.

    SD

    PIT

    COlts
    (the only one to watch is the mn pit game of the three)

    Jolly old NEW Englend.

    I am taking poor poor Buffalo on this T.O cant SUCK this bad can he? Delhomie is boo crap. I think it will be close. Smith is due for a blow up but in the end i'll take the bills.

    JETS!!!

    LOVE ME SOME Chicago on this one

    HOTLANTA! great team starting to get back into there swing ATL

    the skitzo fins go down down down. HOW CAN YOU WIN! You cant saints up big in this one. (but if there would be a team to do it it might be this WTF team you never know what you get when you play them)
    SAINTS

    NYG

    McRib for the win!!! (IF the skins bring there A game this should be fun to watch...)

    ReplyDelete